Aloha! Welcome to Ms. Hazama's class!
We are working hard to prepare for the upcoming Smarter Balanced Assessment. Our testing schedule is as follows:
- English Language Arts Performance Task- April 6, 7, 8
- Math Performance Task-April 19, 20
- English Language Arts Comprehensive Assessment Test-April 26, 27
- Math Comprehensive Assessment Test-May 3, 4
Here are some tips to prepare your child for testing:
- Encourage your child to practice reading questions carefully and completely, starring questions, rephrasing language, and using a calculator appropriately and correctly. "These strategies should feel natural and require little extra brain power during the test."
- Prepare them to "show off." Tell your child that it is his/her opportunity to show off and stand out! Remind them that they have been working hard to prepare for the assessments, and it is their opportunity to show how much they know! It is not something to be apprehensive about!
- The day before the test, "quiet the mind." The day before the test, encourage your child to shut down all their devices, breathe deeply, and quiet their mind. This will help your child do the most important thing they can do the night before, get a good night's sleep.